About IH Madrid
International House Madrid, founded in 1981, is in a refurbished three-storey building with 28 classrooms equipped with state of the art facilities specifically designed for educational use. It is a lively place to study with a strong sense of community.
The mix of Spanish students learning English and international students learning Spanish creates a unique international flavour to the school. Here you will also find all you need for the best learning experience ever:
- 18 extremely experienced teachers (all our teachers hold the world recognised IH teacher training certificate and are all educated to university or masters level) Comfortable, well-lit classrooms
- A library and study area
- A cafeteria where you can relax with your classmates and practise your Spanish
- High speed wifi throughout the building
- At least 3 or 4 afternoon cultural or social activities a week
A few practical details about the schools:
- You will need to be in the school at 8.30 on your first day for your level test and also your orientation tour of the school. Classes begin at 9.30 so this takes place before your classes
- We have over 1,000 foreign students studying in the school over the course of a year
- We have a wide mix of nationalities (British, French, German, Chinese, Korean, Italian, North American, Scandinavian to name a few) so if you are taking an intensive course you will be sharing your learning experience with students from across the globe!
- The maximum number of students per class: 12